Monday 31 December 2012

Out with the old ...

So 2012 is finally  (thankfully) drawing to a close.  To quote the beginning of a well known novel:-

"It was the BEST of times,  it was the WORST of times...."

I've already documented in grim detail my annus horribilis so I won't go over old ground in review of 2012.

Truth is - I'm actually struggling for words.  I've never been very good at celebrating New Year.  I know one should be full of hope and excitement as the New Year dawns but in truth its just another night to me.  It holds no interest at all.  We've been invited to a couple of parties but to be honest I wouldn't inflict myself on anyone other than those who understand how I have to deal with it.  We've had a nice, quiet evening with some home made buffet food to nibble on.  The kids are doing their own thing upstairs and lovely man and I are just chilling down here in the living room watching some trashy tv.   I'm trying hard not to be introspective and gloomy and am trying hard to think of something profound to say as 2012 ends, but I am at a loss for so many reasons.

In closing, may I simply take this opportunity of wishing you and yours all the very best for the New Year.  I sincerely hope that it brings you everything you need and a little of what you want.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for continuing to visit my little space in blog land.

Love, Light and much, much Laughter.

Mwahh!!!



Kim xxx





8 comments:

  1. A big hug & lots of good wishes for 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to stay up to welcome 2013, but fell at the 11pm post. I don't find it big deal either. Very best wishes, Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't for people prodding me awake I think I'd have been asleep too! New Year best wishes to you and yours too. Hope it brings you all you wish for. xx

      Delete
  3. i didnt stay up to see in the new year, but i am still glad we can say goodbye to 2012. may 2013 bring happiness Kim

    love, light and blessings to you.,

    Leanne x
    talesofsimpledays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lipstick Kim!

    I'm with you on the New Year front, don't get it at all ... Was in bed by 9 nursing a cold but the ruddy fireworks still woke me up despite earplugs! Well it's here now, with no pomp and circumstance ... So Happy New Year!

    Think we'd be great pals ... We echo each others thoughts, haha

    Love,Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. OOh ta - my mouth isn't 'quite' that big tho I have to say! hehe. Ah that's sweet of you to say - Well bloggy pals we shall be for sure - here's to lots more posts and exchanges between us xx

      Delete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...