Thursday 12 June 2014

Day 29. Bad mommy example #472

My name is Kim and I'm a shoeaholic. I love em! Being a sturdy bird has never put me off wearing a pair of heels although these days they're more 'low rise maisonnette' than sky scraper.  


Except for these beauties.  I paid a fiver for them in a charrie shop and they still had the labels on the bottom.  I stroke them occasionally to make sure they're ok and not feeling neglected.  

 
Strangely enough my daughter loves them too and nags me on a weekly basis to borrow them. Bad mommy refuses because they are her preciouses.  

Daughter has purchased a rather natty black cat suit to go out in on Friday. She came into my room to seek my opinion. Her eyes swivelled covetously towards my shoes.   "No" I stated without looking up from my book.  "But mom" she said slipping one foot surreptitiously into a shoe "look how good they look!"  She had managed to slip the other one on too. "No!"  I asserted again, refusing to look and bristling slightly that she had dared to put them on 

She whined. She cajoled. She wheedled. She played the "but if you loved me " card. I remained strong. 

"But I'll look after them. I won't let anyone near them" she continued fluttering her lashes and widening her eyes in a puppy like manner. 

I put my book down and regarded my darling daughter steadily before advising her that if I lent them to her it wouldn't feel right when I wanted to wear them in bed again. 

She gaped open mouthed for a second before screeching "mother you did not just say that to me". She clapped her hands over her ears.  "You mean they're your sex shoes?"  "Ewwwwwwwww!!" She may have turned a nice shade of puce. 

I smiled innocently, raised an eyebrow.  and bid her a good night. 

I wonder whether she'll ask me again?

Bad mommy signing off. 




18 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I bet she won't ask again, and of course now you've made your bloggy friends wonder too, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to maintain my air of mystique and intrigue Louise!!

      Delete
    2. haha, that's ok, I didn't want an answer!

      Delete
  2. My 83 year old Aunt would like those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I remember your post about your aunt's shoes! What a lady!

      Delete
  3. I'll stick to my DM's LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - although in those I look like a cross between Jo Brand and Millie Tant from the Viz comic!!

      Delete
  4. I almost choked on my bran flakes then Kim! I don't know if you were serious or not, but you have made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snigger...honestly our kids seem to think we all take a vow of celibacy once we've had the little darlings.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love playing this stunt, gets the same reaction every time :)

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...