Thursday 28 February 2013

Farewell February!


Why, what's the matter,
That you have such a February face,
So full of frost, of storm and cloudiness?

Shakespeare - Much Ado About Nothing




Yep February - you miserable old beggar!  Go far, far away!

Although its the shortest month of the year, February always seems never-ending to me.  Cold, dreary, yuksome and without trying to wish precious time away, I'm more than ready to welcome the turning of the wheel of the year and Spring Equinox next month.

Everyone I have spoken to recently seems somewhat subdued; there have been severe attacks of the miseries at work, and more illnesses and long lasting viruses about than you can shake a stick at.

I for one shall be welcoming in March with open arms and look forward to more daylight hours, spring flowers, and cold, crisp Spring days.  Although a little more warmth wouldn't go amiss Mama Nature if you're listening!  It will soon be time to revisit Lottie 'Lotment  and begin the planting process once again.  How I've missed her!

I'm celebrating March the 1st by awarding myself a day off work!  And what's more, I think I'll have Monday off too!  So there!  Yay me!

See you soon x






2 comments:

  1. Goodness; I had no idea it was March. Thanks to you I was able to say my obsessive 'White Rabbit, White Rabbit' nonsense. It has to be said on every first of the month, before speaking to anyone else. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St Davids day, yes the clocks go forward this month and things should start to warm up. Like you, I'm fed up with the cold, grey, damp (and where I live) wind. My American friends laugh at us Brits because we complain about the weather a lot. Is it any wonder LOL

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...