Saturday 22 March 2014

I Heart Saturday


Hello my lovelies!



How is your Saturday shaping up?

As the man works permanent night shifts plus overtime most mornings it is rare that we see each other until I get home from work and that is literally just for an hour before he has to go off to bed to sleep prior to his next shift starting. Our Saturdays, therefore, are very precious to us as you can imagine.  Our day usually starts with a cuddle and a coffee and a catch up in bed and then we take ourselves off for breakfast in town before doing the weekly shop.

Today we tried a recently opened coffee shop called Vines. We were drawn in by the board outside advertising a full English breakfast for £2.95.  The man opted for the full English with toast and coffee. I chose the Panini with bacon, egg and mushrooms plus a cappuccino. The whole bill came to 5 pounds and 40p for both of us. We were extremely impressed with the food which was freshly cooked and I can honestly say the Panini I had was probably one of the best I have ever had! 


Not too shabby eh?

People might think it odd, but we actually love shopping. We never see it as a chore and always find something to giggle about (mostly other couples who are arguing between themselves or ranting at small children!). 

When we eventually get home (which is always a lot later than we anticipated) (and Charl is on his arse through sleep deprivation!) we unpack the shopping (unless I can palm it off onto the kids because this is a job I hate!) and then he retires to bed and I have a couple of hours to myself to completely chill out for the rest of the afternoon. I may cook something nice for dinner and then again I may have something that I can just chuck into the oven and escape to my shed for that time I would have spent cooking! Now don't look at me like that! I will have you know that today I have stuffed a mushroom! How is that for domestic goddessness?!

Here are some quick photos of some things around the house which are making me smile this freezing cold but very sunny Saturday.

The hellebore in the owl pot was a gift and should be outside really but for fear of hooligan trampling it I've kept it safe inside.  Please note the inventive use of an unused cafetiere for a tulip vase!

I love having fresh flowers around the house. The daffies were just one whole English pound for three bunches and the tulips 99p a bunch. 

Whilst I was sitting typing up this post I was visited by this lil fella. Actually not so little! He was a biggun!  


He appreciated my vases of flowers too! 

 Build it and they will come so the saying goes. Well. My new birdie table has been built and installed. I havent seen any visitors yet though. How rude!!

Steak and mushrooms for dinner then. I'd better put on my pinny and fluffy mules darlings!!


Hope your Saturday is a pleasant one!



5 comments:

  1. What a great price for your breakfast! Sounds like a lovely way to spend a bit of time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to put food on the bird table first....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like going out for breakfast with Mr GBT too! Sounds like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great way to spend a Satruday, Kim! Am very impressed with your thrifty meal ... Think that will become your 'local' from now on. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...