Monday 16 July 2012

How you've grown ...

Hello lovely bloglies, 

Hope the weekend has been kind to you and that Monday didn't roll around too soon.

Thank you so much for your emails and responses etcetera regarding my Dad.  You're such kind people.  We gave him a wonderful send off and I know that he would have been very proud of the turnout for him.

It's been a bitter-sweet few days as you can appreciate.  After the funeral on Friday, we had to start looking forward to my daughter's 18th birthday.  She was adamant that she wasn't bothered by it and understandably didn't feel up to celebrating, however we couldn't let such a milestone slip by quietly.  We planned a surprise day out which featured lunch in TGI Fridays, a stroll along Brindley Place to an achingly  up its own arse vee posh wine bar type place (*shudder*), and then after a brief rest, bowling in the evening, all rounded off with coffee and birthday cake back at Nanny's house!

We all had a brilliant time and it was nice to relax a little into some semblance of normality.

Now I know that "Other People's Children" probably comes way down the top twenty of blogging subjects but indulge me my 'proud momma' moment!  

My little lady has grown from this little pink bundle ....




To this beautiful young lady.  




Rather randomly......  I fell in love with this beautiful wreath outside a hip and happenin' (man) new florists in Brindley Place.  It was HUGE!  



And... erm.... this rather interesting(?) 'urban' sculpture at the entrance to The Mailbox.   My brother is the one on the right.  Bless.




See you soon!

  





19 comments:

  1. Wow! Zara has grown into a beautiful young lady. I hardly recognised her, she so, well, grown up. Sounds like a lovely birthday. Glad Friday went well for you,I always feel it's the worst day, just hanging over you.

    Thank you for foccacia comments, funny id just clicked on your blog when you commented.

    Loving the baba photos, what a beautiful baby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cath - hope your foccacia tasted as it looked.

      Delete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful. I know you are going through some difficult times, but it is always good for the soul to celebrate the good times in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - making new memories to add to the memory box x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos of a beautiful young lady.Belated happy birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scarlet - I shall pass them on x

      Delete
  4. Good to see she had sunshine for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did indeed - it was ordered specially! x

      Delete
  5. Phwaaaar! (my wife's just given me a slap on the wrist)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heehee... naughty Cro - that's made me giggle!

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday lovely girl! Mum and daughter are both beautiful, with cheek bones to die for xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I say! Thanks Kath - pity mine are well cushioned!

      Delete
  7. You can certainly tell she is your daughter. Hope she had a good day. Sorry to hear about your dad, only just catching up with my blog reading. My thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your wishes x

      Delete
  8. Belated Happy 18th birthday! The apple didn't fall far from the tree Kim :o) She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose - If only I had her figure!!

      Delete
  9. Awww, happy belated birthday to lil' Kim. Sorry, couldn't resist :)

    *cannot believe she didn't bring that wreath home!* lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.... If I could have got it in my handbag I would have done - but even MY handbag isn't that big! ;)

      Delete
  10. Morning Kim! glad the funeral went as well as could be expected. Not an easy day for you, so hugs for that. Belated happy birthday to your daughter, what a pretty young lady!

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...