Monday 29 January 2018

Peapod Resurrection!

Hello my friends, hello!

I've been gone for ages haven't I?   Oh yes I have - so I've decided that you've had enough respite from my inane profound observations on life, the universe and everything and shall attempt to resurrect my little blog as of today. Tadahhh!

So, what's been going on in Peapod land then?  Last year was a busy year, hence the lack of blogging.  I turned 50 in September (arrrghh!!).   Lovely Man and I got married on 28th October.  We had THE most amazing day ever spent with our family and friends. Our theme was woodland/autumnal and the room was decked in orange.   I got married in purple (didn't wear a red hat tho you'll be pleased to note!), and my bridesmaids were in black fifties style dresses with orange and purple net underskirts. The guys wore charcoal grey suits with amazing orange waistcoats and cravats.  We had vintage 50s cars and I walked down the aisle to Guns n' Roses' "Sweet Child o' Mine". Our wedding cake was shaped like tree stumps and surrounded by autumnal leaves and natural findings.

It was a couple of years in the planning and at times I did wonder if it was worth all the stress and why we hadn't just run away to Gretna but I am so glad we did what we did (and spent what we spent *faint*).  Even now people are still complimenting us on the day and all the little additions which made it quirky and memorable and encompassed everything we hold dear.  A rock disco in the evening finished everything off in style! 

I'll leave it there for now and catch up again soon. 

Lots of love!






9 comments:

  1. Awwww congratulations x my kind of wedding if I were ever to make an honest bloke of my HG!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! haha - it really was everything we wanted it to be.

      Delete
  2. Many congratulations on your nuptials Kim. Good to hear from you againx
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! It's good to be back :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Kim. It looks like a great fun wedding and worth every penny. I am happy to read that all your planning made your dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It certainly was. We were blessed with an incredible day.

      Delete
  4. That sounds wonderful! Congratulations and welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...