Friday 11 March 2011

Quiet Thoughts


"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all ..."

(from 'Hope' by Emily Dickinson)

Mother Nature stamped her feet again today.  The sheer power of Her temper unleashed is truly terrifying.  Hell hath no fury.   I'm sure we've all been horrified by the coverage of the 'quake and Tsunami in Japan.  If we should take a life lesson from this awful natural disaster it's to cherish what we have.


It goes without saying that my thoughts are with those people whose lives have been affected by this.


  







2 comments:

  1. Here, here; and lovely, lovely quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed.....it was heartbreaking to see .For all her beauty, Mother Nature can be so, so cruel :(.
    Beautiful photo and quote my Lovely..xx

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...